ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 18-06-15 06:19
[N.Learning] Wow Experience
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : À±Á¤±¸
Á¶È¸ : 316  

Wow Experience!

I have high schoolers I have mentored about writing leadership essays. When I assign an essay on the topic "why you study," I got the essay from one student as follows:

A majority of students around the world spend more than half of their childhood for studying. Some study for their exams, some study for fun, and so on. But what¡¯s the ultimate reason of studying? What¡¯s the ¡°real¡± purpose of studying? If you ask students this question, most probably won¡¯t be able to give an answer.

Students generally study for an opportunity to go to college or university. After that, there is no plan B. Quite a bulk of students think that getting into college will automatically place them ahead of most young men, which isn¡¯t 100% wrong. College or university will definitely fill your resume. However, it can¡¯t represent who you are.

Since I don¡¯t have a clue of what I want to do in the future, I can¡¯t give a precise answer like ¡°I¡¯m studying to have the opportunity to progress my dreams in Biology¡±. I personally think that studying is finding yourself. There are a lot of ways to study, but the most effective way to studying is to carry out the research yourself. Finding your own know-how is similar to self-realization. Since you know your own ways, it brings you a step closer to understanding yourself.

Many worry about not having a clear objective or dream like ¡°becoming a biologist¡± or ¡°becoming a pianist¡±. However, I think studying in general will give you more clues to your question.

======================================
The sentence I was deeply moved about is:

"I personally think that studying is finding yourself."

What do you think of this purpose of study?
======================================